The State Animal Breeding Information and Data Processing Centre (VCIDAC) is a State Institution under supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture that was established in 1997 to aggregate, process and analyse zootehnical, veterinarian and agricultural information in Latvian Republic with goal to create whole state animal and herd register, pedigree information system in compliance with international requirements.
According to the regulations issued by the Latvian Cabinet of Ministers in November 2004 reorganization took place and from the 1st of November VCIDAC was renamed as Agricultural Data Centre (ADC).
Functions of Agricultural data centre
According to Pedigree Law of Latvian Republic main tasks of ADC are:
- Animal and Holding register
- Animal identification and registration, traceability etc.
- Maintaining data base of milk producers register;
- Breeding data base administration
- Animal recording in State Herbook
- Prepares and provides data about animals for Latvia and EU
- Pet’s animal register
- Preparing and providing information for other related data base systems, as well as for receiving national and European subsidies;
- Fulfillment of other governmental orders etc.
According to animal and holding register regulations ADC:
- creates and maintains whole state registers of animals, herds, holdings and their owners and keepers
- issue unique identification numbers for cattle, sheep, goats, swine, horse
- produces unique identification numbers for cattle, sheep, goats, swine and deliver to the client
- produces passports for cattle and horses
- provides consultations to herds owners and keepers about pedigree information data processing
- processes genetics evolution information
- provides creation and maintaining of animal and herd registers
- organizes beef , sheep and goat recording
- Determines necessary procedures for keeping registers
- Holds information on excluded animals and herds at least for three years and maintains its archivation
According to Instruction of Milk recording in Latvian Republic ADC:
- organizes milk recording
- accepts official milk recording only in registered herds with identified animals
- processes milk recording and laboratory analyses data
- produces annual report on recording results
- Determines necessary procedures for maintaining recording information.
Internet web site: www.ldc.gov.lv
- Overall information about Data centre (ADC);
- Public information;
- Authorized access to Herd and Holding register, Animal data base, Milk register.